Let's review all the different airline's military discounts.
- American Airlines offers a military discount. In order to receive this discount you must talk to a representative over the phone at 800-433-7300
- Delta offers a military discounts. It is not advertised or offered online. You must call 1-800-221-1212 to talk to an agent. Military identification must be provided.
- ilitary to Active Duty Military. They may require ID cards and/or separation papers in certain markets. In order to get the military discount you must contact the Reservation Call Center, 800-432-1359, to book. As an added benefit, the fares are refundable, which allows the military passenger flexibility in case their orders change.
- For more info on military leisure travel - click here
- This is a great discount when flying last second. Most airlines jack up the prices within a week or two of flying. Southwest allows military members to still get a lower price by calling their customer service center. For a full report on Southwest's Military Discount - Click here
SPACE A TRAVEL
- Click here for more information
- United Airlines has a 5% military discount available exclusively through a program called 'Veterans Advantage'. The problem is the 'Veterans Advantage' charges $60/year. This is worth the discount if you plan on traveling enough to spend over $1200 on United Airlines flights.
- US Airways offers special rates to military personnel traveling on an officially excused absence and to discharged personnel within 7 days of discharge. The military passenger must carry valid active duty identification or separation papers.
- Special rates do NOT apply to military personnel on temporary duty orders traveling to or from their temporary duty station.
- Military Dependents - special rates DO apply. They must be related to the military passenger and must present a uniformed Services ID and privilege card marked 'active'
- The phone number to call is 800-428-4322