Friday, February 28, 2014
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
We LOVE our free membership to the YMCA, provided by the DoD.
In addition to free access to gym equipment they also offer free childcare and free classes.
(And rumor is, the contract is not being renewed, so take advantage of the offer while you can).
You must visit at least 8x a month to meet visit requirements, which is great motivation!!
To see if there is a YMCA near you click HERE
To see if you or your family is eligible click HERE
Don't live near a YMCA or prefer another gym?
Click HERE for our post on memberships to 24 Hour Fitness, Gold's Gym, IHRSA and more.
Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Get out and enjoy the snow! Over 40 resorts offer some type of Military Discount. Many of them offer free gear also! Winter ends March 19 so get out your calendars.
FREE lift tickets Sun-Fri non-holiday days
Not valid on Saturdays, Dec 26-31, Jan 18-19 and Feb 15-16
Also, aerial tram offered free (opposed to $32)
FREE lift ticket, FREE equipment rental, and group lessons every day of the season
Immediate family members receive 50% off lift tickets, equipment rentals and group lessons
Lift ticket: $38 on Jan 8, 9, Feb 5, 6, Mar 5, 6, April 2, or 3
Saturday, February 15, 2014
While there I inquired about their discounts. I found out that they offer a 10% Military Discount. This of course varies from location to location but the 4 locations I have been to have all offered that discount. So i'm pretty sure you won't have any problems with Denny's honoring the discount. From their Veterans Day press release last year they stated:
"Select Denny’s nationwide offer a 10 percent military discount year-round for diners with proof of service. For more information or to find a participating Denny’s near you, please visit www.dennys.com."
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Growing up, no one really ever taught me how to handle my money, no one taught me how to start saving for retirement. It is something that most people just learn by themselves. Looking back I would have enjoyed having a finance class in high school. Others must have felt the same way because I've heard they have started teaching finance as early as middle schools now. I've made my share of financial mistakes and wish I could have found these 8 sites early in my life. They all have great financial advice and great deals that you wont find anywhere else.
Here is a list of my favorite Financial Blogs
- My Money Blog - the author is Jonathan. He writes about great deals, investment ideas, tax ideas, and new concepts such as myIRA and more
- Personal Finance Digest - I read this blog everyday. It gets updated M-F. He covers a series a great deals, funny news, and money making opportunities in every post.
- Maximizing Money - This was one of the first financial blogs I ever started reading. It gets updated daily with new financial bonuses (banks, credit cards, etc). The author also keeps you updated with the latest sweet deals
- My Thirteen Cents - Written by another military member with updated deals.
- Hustler Money Blog - Updates on newest credit card, bank bonuses. Always updates american express offers and has fun offers like free gift card promotion for test driving cars.
Here are 4 fantastic MILITARY Financial Blogs
- Military Finance - Written by a Military Doctor in the Navy with a ton of sweet deals and how to maximize you military benefits. He's an expect on the SCRA credit card benefits
- Military Money Manual - Great advice including TSP, taxes, loans, investments. etc.
- The Military Frequent Flyer - Great Military advice for traveling, credit cards, and many other subjects.
- Military Benefits - A very similar site to Deals4Military. There have lots of articles covering Military relevant questions and topics
Let me know if I missed any other amazing military or financial blogs in the comments below.
Saturday, February 8, 2014
Thursday, February 6, 2014
Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Check out Best Western new loyalty program, Best Western Service Rewards, created exclusively for all active duty and retired U.S. military personnel and their families.
As a Service Rewards member, you’ll receive a minimum discount of 10 percent on room rates at Best Western hotels, plus an automatic upgrade to Best Western Rewards Gold Elite status, which will allow you to earn 10 percent bonus points on each qualified stay. You’ll be able to use your discount to stay at any of the more than 2,200 Best Western hotels in North America.
The other great part about the program is that Best Western will donate 10 percent of points earned by your stay to the Fisher House Foundation Hotels for Heroes program.
Signing up for Best Western Service Rewards is completely free. You can sign up to be a member of the Service Rewards program on Best Western’s website. Use this link to get 250 free points for signing up for the rewards program
To view all our Hotel Military Discount Brands and Rates visit our Hotel page
Monday, February 3, 2014
Looking for a babysitter, nanny, pet sitter, dog walker, senior care provider, housekeeper or tutor?
Then check out:
The Department of Defense pays for the membership fees for active duty, reserve and guard military families.