Lets take a closer look at the 3 Major Warehouse Stores and their Military Discounts!
BJ'S - Military Members qualify for a discounted membership (30% off)
Military membership is $35 (regularly $50)
They will also send you a $10 Coupon in the mail.
The offer is valid to both active and retired military personnel. In addition you get a Free Second Card and additional users can be added for $25 each. Note: Military Members must present a valid Military ID at time of enrollment at the club
COSTCO - Costco is unique because instead of presenting your ID card at the store to get the discount, they have partnered up with "SheerId" to verify Military Status. This is all done online. Here's how to sign up:
- Visit costco.sheerid.com to start the online registration process
- Enter in your military status (active, retired, veteran) and contact information (name, email, birthday)
- Next you will have to upload proof of military identification. Some examples include Form DD 214, VA ID, Deployment orders or any other official military documentation.
- After they verify your military status they will send you an email with instructions on how to complete the rest of online registration. This includes paying the $55 membership fee online.
- Costco will then send you your activation card in the mail. Take this activation card into Costco and they will complete the signup process and give you your official membership card with your picture ID.
- Along with the activation card, they will also send you coupons for free products and other great savings valued at more than $50. When I signed up a couple years ago some of coupon items included Rotisserie Chicken, Spring Drinking Water Bottles, and 48pk AA Batteries
RECAP: Membership costs $55 but with the membership they send you coupons valued around $50 bringing the overall cost of membership for military members to $5!!
SAMS CLUB - Offers a free $15 Gift Card with a 1-year membership. All you need is a valid ID. Membersip is $45. Visit our Military Discount - Sam's Club for more details